Monday, April 14, 2014

What I've Learned From Pure Barre...so far

Recently I completed 50 classes at Pure Barre. I can't wait to hit the 100 mark and sign the 100 barre at the studio. I am hoping to complete this goal by the end of June. Since I am halfway to my goal I wanted to share what I have learned from Pure Barre...so far.


 Embrace the shake! Oh my! I remember my first class and my legs were shaking so bad I thought I would collapse right there on the floor! I was embarrassed but quickly learned this was a good great thing.  Pure Barre instructors will tell you that when your body shakes it means that your muscles are reaching the point of fatigue. You want to have that muscle group shake during that specific section of class. After the shake we stretch to elongate our muscles. And this will lead to long and lean muscles! I mean who doesn't want long and lean muscles? I shake every class and still feel like I might collapse but I have learned to embrace it!

  Don't be nervous! I had some anxiety about starting Barre. I worried that I wouldn't be dressed in the right clothes. I worried I wouldn't be good enough or able to do the exercises. I was a big ball of nerves. I have learned that I was so silly to have all this anxiety. It was all in my head! Everyone I have met at Barre is very friendly and so encouraging! It is so refreshing to go into a place that is 99% women and be so encouraged! I think we all need this in our lives!


Listen to the instructors! They are there to make sure you are doing the moves correctly and not injuring yourself. Don't freak out if they come over and adjust or correct you. I have actually called the instructor over to make sure I am doing the move correctly. I want to make sure I am getting the full benefit of class. In my mind the Pure Barre instructors are rock stars and they make all their students feel that way too!

Set goals and challenge yourself!  Each week I set a goal for Barre class. My first few weeks my goal was to hold the plank for 90 seconds. Once I could hold it for 90 seconds my goal became to do all the tucks during the 90 seconds. One week I might challenge myself to not break form or hold during the thigh series or seat work.  These goals help me push myself to be better.


I love going to Pure Barre because it makes me feel better about myself. Like I said before it challenges me on a whole new level. I look forward to going to the "barre" everyday. I know that I have a lot more to learn and I am looking forward to learning!

Will you meet me at the Barre?

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love this (and you, of course)! And yes, I'll definitely see you at the barre. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I think I've had class with you. Are you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe