Sunday, November 1, 2015

October

October
Rocktober
My favorite time of year

Years ago my students used to sing those words in music class during the month of October. They loved it! So 90% of the time when I say October, I sing that song (in my head, not out loud)! It's the simple things in life that make me smile! A little side note- December is really my favorite time of year!

I spent most of October recovering from my car accident. I had to deal with insurance companies, rental car companies, the chiropractor and car salesmen. It has been a hassle but thankfully it looks like it is almost over.

I did manage to squeeze in a quick trip to see Hadley and Harper. They were having a fall festival at their school and I thought it would be fun to go with them.

Christmas is right around the corner and I am trying to get a Christmas card picture. Here are a few outtakes. Needless to say these will not be my Christmas card picture! 


Facebook reminded me of this old memory.  Same spot just 5 years ago. 
I mean look how cute they are?! I know I say it all the time but I am blessed that these girls are in my life!

Just one more funny picture!
I'm still trying to get a Christmas card picture! ha!

Jennifer is the room mom for the girls class and she made this craft for the silent auction at the fall festival. Each kid designed a heart. 
Harper drew a picture of her and Hadley. So sweet!

They had this orange truck for a photo opportunity. 




My fall festival outfit.

The sunset made for a pretty picture. 

The girls tried out the rock climbing wall. They didn't make it to the top but they really worked hard to get there. I just don't think it was made for their short legs. They needed a wall that was made for a five year old.

A quick selfie before I headed home. 

While Jennifer and I were shopping at Target we found these cute Halloween tees. I thought the candy in the belly was adorable. Jennifer found the slippers that Harper is modeling. Now they will have super warm feet. 
I really wish they would stop growing. Harper looks so grown up in this picture.

My friend Traci popped into the Lilly store to say hello. I loved getting to see her. She moved to the beach in July!

I spent the next few days/weeks looking at cars and going to the chiropractor. My car was considered a total loss. I was very sad. My Acura was paid for and I really loved driving it.

Pure Barre was holding Pop-up classes the month of October in different locations. We hosted one of the classes for Asheville at the Lilly store. 
I think it was a fun event. I hope all the Pure Barre ladies had a good time!

After countless hours of researching cars and several test drives I finally decided on a car. I went with a Honda Accord. I had such mixed emotions on getting a new car. I was so bummed out about not having my old car but kind of excited to get something new. I love the new car smell and all the fancy features this new car has but I have a car payment...and that is not fun! 
Right before I drove off the lot.
If you need a new or pre-owned Honda or Acura, go see my friends Adam and Jeanie at Apple Tree Honda in Asheville. They were super patient with me while I tried to figure out what I wanted.


Jennifer sent this picture to me of Harper in her classroom. I think she has fabulous handwriting for a beginning Kindergartner. 
(it was pajama day at school)

Remember when I posted about my cousin Lauren's gender reveal and baby shower?
Well baby Piper made her appearance this month!
Welcome to the world!

I had to run into the mall the other day and I ran into my friend Jamie! I hate going to the mall so running into Jamie made it worth the trip.


Halloween is not really my favorite time of year...I don't like scary costumes, ghost, movies, or being scared. So throwing on my Lilly Minnie Mouse ears is the extent of my dressing up.

 Alex, Molly, and me (my Lilly's co-workers).
I think it is funny that we are all dressed in black. Black is a rare occurrence at the Lilly store!

I will end my October recap with these trick or treaters
Hadley Sophia the first , Unicorn Harper, Veterinarian McKinley, Dinosaur Miles

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe