Tuesday, December 17, 2013

a weekend away

A few weeks ago I went to visit Hadley and Harper (plus their mom!).
  The girls were dancing at the tree lighting for their town. I knew I couldn't miss them dancing at such a fun Christmas event. The trip down was my first trip to visit them since July. I couldn't wait to soak up every minute with the girls. 

This was our selfie before school on Friday! 

Before the tree lighting. 
It was very warm that day. I think the high was 78 degrees! I figured that must be what it is like to have Christmas in Florida. I like it being cold at Christmas with snow on the ground. 

While I was there I got to see Twinkles, the girl's Elf on the Shelf.  They sure do love this fun, little elf! Each morning when the girls woke up they immediately wanted to find Twinkles.  Hadley told me numerous times that I could not touch the elf. She did not want it to lose its magic. I did have fun helping with Twinkles. 

Twinkles left this cute surprise for the girls on their picture in the family room. 

On Friday night Twinkles decided to pop some popcorn. 

While I was there the girls had a photo shoot for their Christmas card. I can't wait to see the finished card. It was chilly but the girls did a good job posing for some pictures. 


The girls love taking pictures with my phone. I have to go back and delete a lot. This picture was taken by Hadley. I thought it was a keeper. 

Twinkles left cookies on Sunday morning for the girls. I think this picture is before 8:00 am. They were all gone by the time I left at 11:00! Those girls sure do love their cookies! 

My visit with those girls helped me get out of my strange November funk. I sure do love being with them. I was afraid they would forget what I looked like since it had been so long since I saw them last. But they remembered me! 

I love that they are developing their own personalities. I wish I could be with them everyday to help Jennifer out and to love on them. Maybe one day. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe