Friday, December 20, 2013

Santa Hustle 5k

Last Sunday my friends and I ran the Santa Hustle 5k. I ran some and walked some. But if my physical therapist asks I walked it all! ;)
 
The race was in Sevierville, Tennessee. The Santa hat, beard, and shirt came with our registration fee. I thought tutus would make the outfit complete!  This race was so much fun even if I was not at my best!
 
Layered up and ready to go!

The start line...so many Santas!

My sweet friend Kelly and me before the race. She said she hadn't ran in months but she finished before the rest of our group!
 

On the course

A mile 1 selfie. I ran the first mile with my friend Michele. Then I decided I better walk some. I ran and walked the rest of the race. (It was a little cold - 36 degrees! So I had to run some.) I tried to concentrate on my stride. I had a run analysis last week and learned that my form was one of the causes of my hurting hip. I finished the race doing what I call the Papaw shuffle, a small jog.  My official time was 34:55 which was an 11:15 minute mile average. So I just barely met my goal of finishing in under 35 minutes. I was 29 out of 95 in my age group.
 
After the race we had to pose for pictures!

 

 
After group shot

 
I love my friend Kel. I miss her so much! She moved to Knoxville when she got married last year and we don't get to see her that much. I just love getting to hang out with her whenever I can! She is such a good sport to pose for silly pictures with me!
 
I am thankful that I have this group of friends who encourage me with my running. They were standing at the finish line cheering me on as I crossed.
 
My next race is the Disney Enchanted 10k in February. I think my hip will be in great shape by then and fingers crossed my time will improve!
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe