Sunday, August 9, 2015

Beach trip 2015



Last week I traveled down to Cherry Grove, SC and met my friends for a beach vacation. I was thrilled to be going to the beach. My last beach trip was two years ago when I went to Ocean City, Maryland.

I was not looking forward to the six hour drive. It was long and I was over it by the second hour. I traveled down on Saturday evening so I could spend four days on the beach. It was dark when I arrived so the next morning when I woke up and saw our view I was in awe. I thought it was beautiful. It might not be the an oceanview but it was calm and relaxing.  


Our house was on a channel/sound. The lot had water all around it. We spent a lot of time at the house just relaxing and hanging out. 

The first day was spent around the pool and this was my view for most of the day. 



Harper wanted me to take her picture. 



 I love these sweet girls.

Winston, Jennifer's dog, enjoyed his time at the beach too.

We played a few games of cornhole.



Later on that night the kids went crabbing. 



Harper has no fear! 

The sunset. 

The next day we hung around the pool  for most of the day. This is also the day I got sunburned and my laying around the pool ended! I guess not being in sun for two years caught up with me. 

We decided to pack up and walk down to the beach. This was my only time seeing the ocean. I know I should be a little sad about that but I was in pain from my sunburn so it was perfectly fine with me. 



The girls enjoyed jumping waves
and Myles enjoyed playing in the sand!


The guys went and got some chicken for us and we had a sandy beach picnic. Hadley sat with me for a while and we just chilled. 

The whole crew

On Tuesday we stayed indoors for some putt-putt.


My friend, Sara Beth, made us tee shirts for the trip! So we decided that this would be the perfect day to match!
If you look at my arm in this picture you can see how red it is from the sunburn! 

A selfie with my Harper! Look how cute the elephant shirts turned out! Thanks Sara Beth! 

And look how cute this kid is. 
#icanteven
#tootoocute

On Wednesday I covered up head to toe in 50 sunscreen and a tee shirt and shorts to sit by the pool to watch these girls swim and read a book.

Hadley jumped off the side of the pool (without floaties) and was so proud of herself!
Kim and Sara Beth opted to stay out of the sun and go shopping! They found these cute rides for the kids to ride around on.

That night we got ready to do something fun! Go to the rides in Cherry Grove!
Sweet cousins

Since it was my last night I watched the sunset for one last time.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe