Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ocean City

A few weeks ago I got to spend the week with Hadley and Harper at the beach. We went to Ocean City, Maryland. I wanted to blog that week about the trip but not having Wi-Fi kind of made that hard. I had never been to Ocean City so I was excited to go! Also, spending time with my friend Jennifer and the girls made it exciting as well.
 
I was very nervous and anxious for the car trip to Ocean City because you have to travel across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnels. I have an extreme fear of bridges over large bodies of water. This bridge is 23 miles long! I had tried to prepare myself for crossing the bridge but it just didn't work. I do believe I had my first panic attack when I got into the car to go to Jennifer's. It was ugly. I am about to cry right now just thinking about it! My sweet and wonderful parents and brother had to drive me to Jennifer's. (I have the most amazing family!) I knew I couldn't drive myself down. Thank goodness my parents did or I would have missed all the fun of Ocean City!
 
My mom texted me the whole trip to Ocean City to help calm me down. I listened to my favorite Kenny Chesney album, Be As You Are, as we traveled across. I also took some medicine to get across.
 

All you see is water and deep water! I read that it goes from 25 feet deep to 100 feet deep!
We made it across in less than 30 minutes. I didn't have to worry any more. Well at least not until the trip home!
 
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.
 
I took this on my first run on the boardwalk. The sand goes on forever at Ocean City!

This made that trip worth it! Snuggling with my sweet girls!

Hadley was using the lip gloss as finger nail polish!
 
One night Jennifer and I went to this cool restaurant/bar called Seacrets. It was probably one of the coolest places we went to in Ocean City.  

The sunset was beautiful!


One morning we took a bike ride on the boardwalk. It started as a fun activity! But it was hot and 3 year olds get tired.

This was the end of the bike ride! I think they are over it!

Our last night at the beach.
I just love these cute Lilly dresses the girls have on. I gave them to the girls for Christmas. The little Lilly shift was made for Hadley and Harper!

Sister Love

a Hadley and Moe selfie
 


This is one of my favorites.


Harper's turn!
 
Later on that night we walked down to the rides on the boardwalk. There were several characters out and about. When the girls saw Elmo I think they lost their minds! They started screaming "It's the REAL Elmo!" And they started jumping up and down! It was the funniest thing. Hadley was the only brave one to go hug Elmo. Harper stayed back and just smiled!

 
Since it was the last night of the beach trip I knew that the next day I had to go across that bridge again.
 
 
I am very thankful that Jennifer asked me to go on this trip! Thanks for putting up with me for the week.
 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe