Saturday, February 23, 2013

strength and dignity

she is clothed with strength and dignity and will laugh at the days to come.
Proverbs 31:25
 
My Mamaw Edna and me - Thanksgiving 2010
 
The verse above is one of my favorite bible verses and I think it describes my Mamaw Edna perfectly! Two years ago she went to heaven. There is so much I could say about Mamaw. She was awesome!
 
In college I had to interview and write a story about my oldest living relative. At that time my Mamaw was 80! She was 95 when she passed away! My family decided that I should share some of that paper I wrote at her funeral. I was honored that they asked me. I wanted to share some of that paper today.
 
Christmas 2010
Growing up with the Chambers’ family has always been an adventure.  My fondest childhood memories are filled with laughter and joy.  If anything ever happened to my family we handled it with courage and strength and took joy in the fact we had each other.  We always had laughter in our lives.  I guess a lot of this laughter came from my Mamaw Edna. 
Mamaw Edna is a remarkable woman.  She always hoped for a better life when she was a child.  But when she looks back on her life now, she says she would not change anything.  Mamaw says that she is a lot like Paul in the Bible, she is happy with what she has had and what she has now.  One thing that has always been constant in my Mamaw’s life is her faith in God.  My Mamaw has lived with a deacon all her life, her dad was a deacon and my Papaw was a deacon when she married him.  When my Mamaw faces anything she leans on the strength that God gives her.  A strong sense of faith in God has been passed on through the generations in my family. 
          My Mamaw wants her grandchildren to remember her as a good woman.  She wants us to always go to church and live our life right.  But most importantly, Mamaw wants us to join her and Papaw in heaven.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe