Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Winning Silpada Story

Hello Blog World! I feel like I have been gone for a long time. I have lots to share about all my summer adventures.  I have been out of town the last few weeks and without Wi-Fi so I have been unable to blog. 
 
 
I just got back from the Silpada National Conference. (I am a Silpada Sales Representative.) I haven't shared this on the blog yet because we had some rules about sharing our business on public websites. But those rules changed and I am going to share my story!  
 
My first conference! My sponsor Traci, my friend Judy (another rep), and Me!
 
In January 2012 I went to a Silpada party and met Traci Ray, the Silpada Rep doing the party. I didn't really know the other people at the party (I went with a friend) so I started chatting with Traci. She was just so friendly and precious! I felt like we could be friends! Of course I fell in love with a lot of pieces of jewelry and decided to have a party so I could get some FREE jewelry.
 
My friend Julia and I set up our Silpada party with Traci for February. At that party Traci asked me if I had ever thought about selling Silpada. I laughed and said NO! I didn't think I could do it. Julia and I ended up getting about $300 in free jewelry for the party. (and Traci made that much for doing the party!) I was very happy with the jewelry that I got. Silpada has some amazing jewelry and the quality is fabulous!
 
Fast forward to August of 2012...Traci sent an email inviting us to a new jewelry preview show at her house. Again, she was so nice and easy to talk to. She asked me again about selling Silpada and this time I started to consider it. The reason why is because I am a teacher and I need some extra money. We haven't had a pay raise in 6 years and the extra cash each month would be helpful. Traci's team was having a Discover Silpada meeting and I decided to attend.
 
I started praying about it too. I needed God to help me figure out if this was the path I should take. I started researching and reading up on direct sales businesses too. I looked at Silpada's Facebook page and saw that they were having a contest to win the entire Bohemian collection. I knew that if I did sell this jewelry I would need a huge display. So I fixed up my entry, said a small prayer asking God to give me a sign, and hit submit.
 
Two weeks later I received an email from Katie at Silpada telling me I had won the Style Yourself Fabulous contest! I had won the entire Boho collection! 108 pieces of Silpada jewelry was coming my way! I was shaking! I have never won anything like this in my life! I took this as a sign that God was saying it was okay to sign up to sell some Silpada jewelry! I immediately called Traci to tell her that I had won and to double check to make sure I could still get this jewelry if I became a Rep. And it was!
 
This photo was on Silpada's Facebook page!
 
I signed up a few days later and began my career as an Independent Sales Rep with Silpada.
 
I went to conference last week because I knew they were going to talk about my winning and show my picture on the big screen. (I guess I wanted my 5 seconds of fame!)
 
That's me on the big screen!
 
It was really neat. They said my name and I stood up. The crowd clapped and jingled! The Conference was very motivating and I had a really good time! It made me happy to be part of the Silpada sisterhood! I hope to share more later on about my experience! This post is almost too long now!
 
If you are interested in learning more about being part of the Silpada business and sisterhood, please contact me! (email me at marymoe420@gmail.com) I would love to talk to you about it. Or if you want to shop our jewelry click HERE. I will be highlighting my favorite pieces on the blog real soon!
 
I would love to come party with you and have a super fabulous Girl's Night Out with you and your friends. Please let me know if you would like to have a party and earn lots of FREE jewelry!
 
Some facts about Silpada Designs Jewelry -
 
1. Its .925 sterling silver jewelry
2. It is nickel free!
3. Silpada offers a lifetime guarantee. If your piece breaks Silpada will replace it for Free!
4. The jewelry is all hand crafted! Some pieces take up to 2 weeks to make!
 
If you made it to the end - Thank you for reading!
 
xoxo

 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome story! So happy to have been there with you to share it :) I felt famous, too, sitting next to you!! :) Love you Lilly!! Judy B

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe