Wednesday, September 10, 2014

100 club

So I have written about my love for Pure Barre a few times on my blog here and here. 

I also wrote about my summer goals at the beginning of the summer. One of my goals was to join the 100 club at Pure Barre Asheville. It took me all summer but I finally took my 100th Pure Barre class on August 13th! I was excited all summer to see my name on the chalkboard each week and have the number get closer to 100 with each class I took. I guess I like having the visual praise just as much as I love receiving verbal praise at Barre. It gave me a visual reminder to keep going. 

Here is my signature name on the 100 club barre! 


You can tell from my cheesy grin how happy I was to sign that barre! 

When you join the 100 club at Pure Barre you get a new pair of socks and a tank top! 

Me, Flavia, and Lindsay

When I started Pure Barre in January, Flavia was my first teacher. She does a very good job at explaining and getting you to connect to your movements. I have learned so much from Flavia. She is such an amazing instructor! Flavia is also the owner of the Asheville studio and she takes the time to get to know her clients and really makes you feel at home! 

Lindsay was the instructor for my 100th class at barre! I have talked about Lindsay on this blog several times! I got to know Lindsay at the Lilly store and she became my go to person for anything related to barre. 

Both of these ladies and all the other instructors at Pure Barre are amazing. They are so good at their jobs and make this workout so much fun! 


When I started Pure Barre this year I was having so much pain from running. I really wanted to be a runner...almost all my friends were running and I wanted to do it too! I was feeling pretty defeated and like a failure. I mean who can't run, it's putting one foot in front of the other at a somewhat fast pace. I remember taking my first barre class and thinking to myself how I knew I could do this work out. I was far from perfect that first class and I'm still far from perfect now but I know I'm successful at this! I love it. I love the challenge. I love the community. I love that I can hold a plank for 90 seconds. I love that I embrace the shake during thighs. I love that it makes me sweat. I love that I notice my pure barre ledge getting better. I love when people compliment my legs and arms because of barre. I love how encouraging everyone is at the barre.  But most importantly I love how I feel about myself after a class! Those 55 minutes are for me and I feel like a rock star when I am finished! 


Thank you for reading! I hope I see all of you at the barre someday soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe