Sunday, May 14, 2017

Disney Cruise day 3 - Castaway Cay

After our day at sea we woke up and saw land!!

A few years back I watched a Food Network special that went on a Disney cruise. I remember watching that special and wanting to visit Castaway Cay. I just never thought I would because you can only go by boat! So I was beyond excited to be on this island!!!


We got up, ate breakfast, and made our way down to get off the boat. We rode a tram and found some beach chairs to enjoy our day at the beach! 


The water was so pretty! But so cold!! The high that day was 74. The air was warm but the water was chilly. 

I checked a few things off my 40 things list on this day! I visited an island. I was out of the country! (I have never left the USA!) 

Just watching the girls play and swim!

 It's no secret that I adore Hadley and Harper but I wouldn't have them if I didn't have my best friend Jennifer! She is pretty awesome and didn't hesitate when I said "hey, can we go on a cruise for my 40th birthday!" Sitting by the water and watching the girls play in the sand is probably one of those memories I want to keep in my head and heart forever!

I was up to trying new food on the trip for my 40 things. I tried Mahi-Mahi. I was not a fan of this fish. 

Just a tropical paradise! 


Of course I listened to my favorite song on the island - Old Blue Chair by Kenny Chesney! 


Before we headed back to the boat we had to stop and get a fun drink! 

Just a few beach bums heading back to the boat.

I think they had a pretty good time on the island!


That night we got ready and had dinner before going to watch the stage show of Frozen. 



The girls loved the shows and Frozen did not disappoint. 
It was a lot of fun to watch their faces during the shows. The magic wowed them each and every time! Mom and I enjoyed watching the Disney magic through the eyes of a seven year old! 

(picture taken by Hadley)
Notice the sea bands. I could not have survived this trip without those. 

Day 3 of the cruise did not disappoint! It was probably my favorite day on the cruise. We headed back to our room after the show to head to bed. Our luggage had to be out by our door by 10:00 pm so they could get it off the ship. We had a early wake up call. Breakfast was at 7 am and we had to get off the boat. Early wake up calls on vacation are not fun! 

Just a few thoughts - 
I decided that maybe cruising wasn't that bad! I am glad that it was only a three day cruise. I just don't know how my friends do the seven night cruises! 

I was very worried I would get sea sick on the cruise so I went prepared with sea bands and loads of motion sickness medicines. I did get sick a few times. When I was in the spa and didn't have on my sea bands and when we were leaving port at Castaway Cay. 

I have laughed and told my friends that they did not prepare me for the toilets on the boat. Flushing the toilet was wild! I felt like I was going to be sucked into the ocean! 

It was nice to be away and not really worry about anything. I didn't check social media, my store, and I was not online for three whole days! I was worried that I would not be able to handle that but I think we all need a break from social media for a while. 

Since I have never been on a cruise I can't compare Disney Cruise lines to anything else but I will say that Disney is great at what they do. They really know how to look into details of the little things! Of course I am a Disney girl and I loved it! 

Everyone has asked me what my favorite part of the trip was and it is hard to pick just one thing. But if I did it would be being with my favorite girls on my birthday in a magical place! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe