Sunday, May 19, 2013

Biltmore 5k

This morning I ran the Biltmore Kiwanis 5K at the Biltmore Estate. I was nervous because this was my first race and I didn't really know what to expect. Plus I have been fighting allergies this week so I was not feeling my best. 
 
My friends Katelyn, Michele, and Wendy also ran the 5K.
 
 
My race bib and tee
 
Wendy and me in line before we started.

After we finished!
 
My goal for the race was to finish in under 35 minutes. My official time was 32:09. So I am very pleased with my time. I was 11th (out of 27) in my age group and 115th (out of 271) overall!

Katelyn, Michele, Me, and Wendy
 
Katelyn's husband Seth ran with her. They are just too cute! 
  
The weather was okay. It was rainy. We all had wet heads when we finished!
 
I look forward to our next race! One more step to my Princess Half goal. Now I have to start looking for a 10K to run!

xoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe