Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother

Happy Mother's Day! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Mom!
 
Oprah Show 2008
 
Mother's Day 2011
 
I am blessed to have a wonderful Mamaw too!
 

My Mamaw Edna wrote the following poem when she was 16 about her mother. I thought I would share it with you on this Mother's Day!
 
My Mother
 
Oh if I could be just like Mother,
To smile when everything goes wrong,
To be kind hearted and help some other,
And always singing a happy song.
 
What could we do without her?
Our home, oh how lonely and sad
Without Mother's sweet loving chatter.
We would miss nothing so bad.
 
Without Mother, our home would be
Lonely, dreary, and sad
With no sweet smile to welcome us,
Or a sweet voice to make us glad.
 
To think of parting with mother
Our hearts would be filled with pain.
For in this world there is no one like her,
But remember we will meet her again.
 
If we live as mother has taught us
To love and obey God's command,
We will meet our friends and loved ones
And most of all, meet mother again.
 
 
 
 
I also want to say Happy Mother's Day to my friend Jennifer! She amazes me every day being a mom to those sweet girls.
 
xoxo
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe