Sunday, June 2, 2013

End of the Road

 
Last week was the last week of school for the year! It was also the retirement celebration of my dear friend Terre. When I started teaching 13 years ago my teaching neighbor was Terre. She was new to the school like me but had been teaching for years! We were teaching 4th grade at the time. Terre taught me so much about being a teacher those first few years in 4th grade. She had a passion for North Carolina history and teaching! She has taught 2nd grade the past 8 years and I joined her in 2nd grade 3 years ago. I always tell her that you are only as good as the teacher next door and she has helped me look good the past few years! Ha!
 
Our 2nd grade team - Me, Julie, and Terre
(We made a good team - it will be different without Terre next year!)
 
Terre and me. (I know the picture is blurry but its the only one I have of the 2 of us from the retirement party!)
 
I am not sure how I will feel next year when I don't have my sweet friend there with me. She has always been there to listen to me and give me advice - teaching and life! I know that I will probably text her everyday!
 
Field Trip last year
 

I am thankful God put Terre in my life! She is so special to me. Words could never say how much she means to me. Thank you for all the memories Terre! I wish you the best retirement ever!
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe