Monday, June 9, 2014

Lilly Inspired Tea Party

On Saturday morning the women's ministry at my church hosted a tea party.  About a month ago they asked for people to sign up to host a table. I knew immediately that I wanted to be a hostess. I became very excited about planning out my table. Of course I wanted to do a pink and green Lilly Pulitzer theme. My inspiration came from an article I saw last year Southern Living. I looked it up and began planning.

 Me with my completed table!

When looking at the Southern Living pictures I knew I wanted to have the pink flamingo as my centerpiece. My friend Cynthia mentioned that she had a cabbage soup tureen that I could use to hold my flowers and flamingo. I think it help make my arrangement look even better! 


I had Lilly napkins that I received as a gift with purchase last year in the Chin Chin print that I knew I wanted to use. I asked my friends at Palm Village if I could borrow the Chin Chin table cloth to complete the look.I also had cups in the Chin Chin print that I used as water cups and I added pink and white paper straws for fun!

I added pink tulle bows on the chairs for a little extra touch. I also made pink tissue flowers to hang above the table.

A picture of the whole table.

Since the tablecloth was so busy with print I knew I needed to break it up so there wasn't too much print. I bought gold chargers at Micheal's to help with this. My sweet co-worker and friend Lori let me borrow her white dishes with a gold trim. The tea cups I used were from a bridesmaid's tea party I hosted a few years  ago for my cousin Lauren. Mom and I collected them from an antique shop. 

I had a blast planning and putting together my table for the tea party. The other tables at the tea party were nicely decorated too. All the women did an outstanding job putting together their tables.  I liked how they showed each of our personalities.






After we ate our tea party food we had listen to one of the women at my church speak. She shared how we need to be compassionate with people. She said we needed to love on people and let them know they would be okay because God says so in the bible. I enjoyed listening to her speak and thought she did a nice job.


The tea party was a fun event and I look forward to doing more things like this in the future with the women of my church!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe