Sunday, January 10, 2016

going away


I am not sure if you know but I am moving away from the place that I have called home for 38 years.  But I think it is time for me to move and make my new home in Augusta, Georgia. I have this amazing opportunity standing before me and I feel like it is time to take a leap of faith and go with it. 

As I started telling people I was moving everyone said they wanted to give me a going away party. So my Aunt Catherine and good friend Debbie started planning it.  They did an outstanding job. I am thankful to have these special ladies in my life. They allowed me to invite so many people who have been special to me throughout my life. 

Jennifer and the girls made the trip to the mountains to celebrate! The girls looked so cute in their Lilly shifts. Even baby Piper dressed in her first Lilly shift!  


 Sweetness!

Lori 
My friend Lori had to come by early. It was great to have some one on one time with her. I taught first and second grade with her while I was at NCE. Lori has been an incredible friend to me. She has always been there for a good laugh and an encouraging word. 

Jillian and Brooke 
I have been privileged to watch these two girls grow up! I did my student teaching with their mom Cindy in 1999! Jillian was in 4th grade and Brooke was in high school. I spent so many afternoons with them while I was learning to be a teacher. They are such sweet and precious girls and I adore them and their mom! 

Kate, Lisa, Kellie, and Mary 
These ladies have been some of my biggest cheerleaders! They have been so supportive of my decision to take this adventure. 

Harper, Kyndal, and Hadley
These girls helped me open gifts and were the biggest help!

I wish that I had gotten a picture with everyone! I want to remember this night forever. I felt an amazing amount of love and support! I have been blessed with some great friends and family. I don't take any of that for granted. 

I want to end this post with some lyrics to one of my favorite songs...For Good from the musical Wicked. This song just sums up how I feel about all the people I have been blessed to have in my life! 

(Glinda)
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba)
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So glad it was so special. Hate that I missed it. I hope we can have dinner soon. Love you. XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe