Sunday, May 18, 2014

cupcakes and birthdays ~ Hadley and Harper turn 4

Hadley and Harper's 4th birthday party was at a local cupcake shop. Jennifer always does a great job planning the girl's birthday and sticking to a theme. I always enjoy helping her with the little details. The theme for this party was cupcakes and a little bit of a bakers theme.

The birthday girls with their mom. These girls love their mom so much and they look just like her! 

I love the Little Lilly shift dresses the girls are wearing. They are from last summer and they are called Pop. The perfect party dress. 

Each girl got a chef's hat and apron to wear for the party. 

Harper wearing the hat and apron.


Jennifer also arranged for a face painter to come and paint faces.

Each child got 2 cupcakes to decorate with pink icing. They also decorated pink bakery boxes to take their cupcakes home in.

I think the girls had a good time putting the icing on the cupcakes! 

The table after...
I think this is a sign of a good party!

Jennifer and I made the aprons for the girls to wear. Here is the step by step pictures.
 We do not sew so we made these aprons using hot glue! We cut the fabric in strips and then used the glue gun to glue them on the apron. I would put a little glue down then fold the fabric onto the glue.

 After we put down the three ruffles we topped it off with some wide ribbon.

We made 10 different aprons. I think they turned out pretty darn cute!

I am thankful that I was able to be part of the special day for the girls. Hadley and Harper loved having all their friends together for the party.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe