Sunday, May 25, 2014

retirement is sweet


Last Thursday we celebrated my mom's retirement from teaching pre-school. She has been teaching pre-schoolers for 23 years!

I love planning a party so I knew I wanted to give mom a great party to honor all the years she worked. I decided on the theme "retirement is sweet" and I began planning. Mom's friends at work were very helpful in helping me put this party together! A special thanks to Sidney, Susan, Kathy, and Angela! 

 When I began thinking about the theme and who would be attending I decided to do a candy bar.  I am a big believer that every party needs a favor and who doesn't love candy!

 Mom loves blue and yellow so I knew I would use those colors.

sweet food
cupcakes, fruit, tea biscuits with honey and jam, lemonade, and sweet tea

 We used blue mason jars and daisies for decorations. We also put out old scrapbooks from past years for the guests to look at. I think this was a big hit. Mom's old students loved finding themselves in the books!

 One of mom's besties, Julia

 This is mom's former Foster Grandmother, Mrs. Forney. We love her so much! Apparently mom and Mrs. Forney used to put on beach music and dance around the classroom. So they decided to do it one last time!

 These are some of the sweet kids and families mom has taught through the years. We just adore these families. I was happy that they were able to make it to celebrate mom! She loved seeing the kids and catching up with their parents.

 Kathy and Angela.
These ladies have been mom's co-workers for many years.

 Cheesecake always makes a fabulous gift!
This family always made mom a cheesecake and she loved them. It was so sweet of them to remember that and make one for her one last time!

One of mom's current students dropped by to give her flowers. 

 Just a few guests...our family

Daddy and me

We had a good time visiting with former students, co-workers, family, and friends. Thank you for coming to celebrate my mom! Mom has taught so many kids throughout the years and she has loved every one of them. I know that she will miss those precious little ones in the fall but I am sure she will enjoy her "sweet" retirement!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe