Sunday, March 23, 2014

Princess Half and Disney Princess Weekend day 4

Our last day of my Disney Princess weekend was Half Marathon day! Jennifer and I got up early (not 2:45 early!) but early to go see Brooke and Jillian run their half marathon! I have to say it was a pretty exciting experience. We stood at the finish line and watched countless princesses run across the finish line. There were about 25,000 runners that day. As Jennifer and I waited for Brooke and Jillian we watched a young child cheer for her mom. It was so sweet. She kept yelling "Go, Mommy, Go!" I teared up watching it! 

This is after the race! Don't they look great for running 13.1 miles? You can read about their experience here.

I knew that Brooke and Jillian were dressing up like Elsa and Anna from Frozen. I knew I wanted to make a sign to hold up for them so I went with the Frozen theme. I used the song Let it Go as my inspiration.

The finish line. The big screen was showing the girls (and some guys) as they crossed.

As Jennifer and I waited to meet up with the girls, we watched this couple get engaged. It was so sweet!

The Half Marathon Finishers!!!

When the race was over, we met up with  my family for lunch at Hollywood Studios. We went to the Sci-Fi Dine-In theater. It was a fun place to eat. The food is alright but the atmosphere was pretty neat. I would definitely check it out if you are going to Disney.

We sat in cars like this and ate our lunch watching old movies!

When lunch was over Jennifer tried to convince me to ride Tower of Terror. Jennifer told me that she got up early, put on a Minnie Mouse outfit and ran/walked 6.2 miles the day before for me. She said the least I could do is ride that scary ride! I said no! I'm so scared of that ride! Thank goodness Brooke and Jillian are not chickens like me so they rode it with her. I went and got a seat with my parents to watch the Beauty and the Beast show. That's more my speed. 

Dad and I waiting for the show to start. 

Belle 

Since Dad had a scooter for the trip we had to use the handicap entrance for attractions. We were one row from the stage at the Beauty and Beast show. We got some incredible pictures!





Since this was our last night at Disney World we spent it at our favorite place...Magic Kingdom. 

We rode the Little Mermaid ride. 

My dad and brother waiting for the parade. My dad is wearing my mom's jacket! He was cold and that was all we had! 

My family in front of Cinderella's Castle.

My brother and I love the night activities at the Magic Kingdom. The fireworks, the castle show, and the parade are our favorites!

This trip was a big step for my dad. He told us about 15 years ago that he was never going back to Disney. He doesn't think this is the happiest place on earth! But he decided about a month before the race that he wanted to go. Daddy said that the last six months changed his mind. I think he actually had fun this trip! It was so nice to be where it was warm! Dad rode around in a scooter and that helped him so much. (He just started walking about 4 weeks before we left.) It meant so much to me to have him there supporting me at my Princess race!

 Even though I was so tired and limped around the two days after the race, it was a blast. The trip was planned by our Disney travel agent, Jennifer Sheehan. I started planning this trip last July and Jennifer was there from the first moment. I even texted her while I was on my trip and she helped me then! She is so helpful and caring! I think she went above and beyond to help make this a special trip for my family! If you are thinking about planning a trip to Disney, please don't hesitate to contact Jennifer. We have already contacted her to look into planning a special Disney trip this fall...I have to take a Disney trip as Aunt Moe soon!

Of course the highlight of my trip was the Enchanted 10K but being in the Magic Kingdom was a close second. I love going to Disney because it makes me feel like a kid again. The magic still gets me. In this crazy world with lots of sadness, deadlines, and stress it is nice to go to the happiest place on earth every once in a while. It's a nice escape from it all.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xoxo, aunt moe